Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers

(Please excuse my sorry attempt to rhyme, this is my heart feelings...))

As I sit here in church I feel him close to me.
So close in fact I have to dismiss myself to get some tissues.
I stepped outside to release some emotions...

I think of so many people on this day who are missing their fathers.
Some miss a father they never had.
Some miss a father they once called dad.
Some miss a father far greater than the rest,
they may feel they have wronged Him and he has left.

I KNOW our father in heaven loves each of us and Never leaves us!
I am thankful for this day, though it may be hard,
to reflect on the men who some discard.
I am thankful for the name my father left me
and for the man he showed faithfully.
He was not perfect by any means
but he was perfect just for me.
I love you dad!

Love your forever Roo!

2 comments:

Julie said...

loved it :) very sweet Rilla.

Shasta said...

I love the little honest glimpses inside your heart. You are such a sweet beautiful woman. HUgs to you always & thanks for sharing your tender moment.