Thursday, June 16, 2011

St. Geo

Saint George, Dixie, St. Geezy, San Jorge, St. G, and The George,

I LOVE You!
I could die a happy woman any day now just because I am in your presence.
I AM HOME!
I love your freaking hot summer!
I love running the trails. Especially the ones by the river with the lizards, jack rabbits, ants, birds, and all the other little unseen creatures. I even saw a deer one day and a duck another.
I love it here!
I love to see the lit up "D" at night and the lights at the temple as well as the "DIXIE" lit up.
I feel at welcome and at peace in this place!

I LOVE ALL of my family here.
I love my cousins, who are some of my best friends.
I love that my kids get to have their cousins be some of their best friends.
I love to feel the sweat dripping down my back and get into a car that is blazing hot, because I have missed you town!
I like that I am now closer to all of my Cedar City friends.
I love that I will get to be here for Holidays and not have to travel to get here.

I have my dream job here working in a private practice.
I have fulfilled a life dream and now get to be here living this dream.
I hope this lasts forever!
I love my family!
I love the support and love I feel here.
The history. My history!
I love the mountains, red, black and gray.
I love the camping, the outdoors, the nature that is so beautiful.
Thank you for being here and being a strong home for me to come to.

Forever yours,
M-

4 comments:

Mills Family said...

Hi Marilla :) Oh, I loved this post about St. George....or "Dixie" as I often refer to it. We just did it backwards from you!!! We just moved from Dixie up to Provo area (Lehi) this past week. We, too, are missing all of the wonderful life, friends, beautiful scenery that we left behind (and sunshine blazing hot). But, we are so excited for our new life that is waiting for us up here!!! We are living with my sister in her basement apartment. Her kids are best friends with my kids so it's already been a blast this first week we've spent here. We have TONS of family up here...but we've also left TONS of family in southern utah. I guess it will feel like home to us all over utah now :) I grew up and raised my kids for 11 years in cedar city. Then we've spent the last couple of years in Dixie. Now, we're up here enjoying this part of the state. Spontaneous we might sound...but excited for the possibilities we are!!! So excited for you Marilla, keep us posted on how you are doing down there :)

Aubrey said...

As I read this, I could imagine every little bit of it and miss it so much too! That's amazing for you to be back there where it truly is a 'home'. Love that place.
Good luck with your new job!

Julie said...

I'm so happy, and EXTREMELY jealous that you get to be back home!!! This post made me teary. I wanna come home someday too :)

The Kailing Family said...

hey you're back?? I would love to get together sometime and catch up!! call me