Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bitter Sweet...Food for Thought...

Well today is the day. We are moving to Provo. My stomach is sick, and I am flooded with emotions! I have so many good friends here in Cedar that I am so Sad to leave. I loved my job working at Horizon House, a treatment home for people with substance abuse problems, it was a great learning experience. There are a flood of thoughts that come with this life altering decision... I keep thinking Why? How? Are we sure? This is crazy! It is amazing how difficult stresses and trials in life can be, even when WE CHOOSE them for ourselves! Even with all of the questions though I do not question IF we should do this because I know this is right for me and our little family at this time. I can not tell you of the countless blessings that have been poured out over us with this decision. I don't know why and how, I just know what?
It is difficult to compare trials, I know, however I am going to a little... I was thinking yesterday why does this have to be so difficult and filled with emotions, (seriously as I think about this tears are coming to my eyes). I do not want to leave the comfort of this modest, but beautiful home in Cedar City. I don't want to leave our ward and my dear friends. I only ever wanted to be a stay at home mom, so why in the world am I CHOOSING to go back to school? I am so comfortable here!
I truly believe we (Dave and I) have been guided and almost just placed in this decision. I KNOW that this is what Heavenly Father wants for us! But I am choosing this, why does it have to feel so difficult and uncomfortable? Why do I get to choose my trials and some people don't????? How can I even compare this trial to theirs for theirs seem so far greater than mine, yet this feels difficult. I have had this thought that I truly believe the last couple of days and that is that we all choose/chose our trials. I don't know why but I really feel that Our God, Our Creator, Our Father in Heaven, loves us each so much that he LET US CHOOSE and lets us choose because of the gift of His Son. He knew and We knew before we ever tasted of the breath of life, what would help US grow and return back to Him and his Beloved Son. For that, for my Saviour, for Our Saviour, I am truly greatful!
I ask myself how do I expect to grow if I am not challenged? How do any of us expect to grow without stretching? I don't necessarily have these thoughts on a regular easy basis, they come with trials. With trial comes progression, understanding, love, and knowledge. I am so thankful for these thoughts. I am greatful to be able to embark on this adventure, because I know I will learn so much. I am so greatful for my family, for my wonderful supportive husband, for my three year old and five year old boys! For my mother, for my siblings, for my cousins, aunts and uncles! Where would I be, who would I be without all of these wonderful people in my life? I am excited for the fun that I will have with the family and friends I have in Provo. I know that I will make new friends and have a wonderful time, it is just getting there that is a little difficult. (Packing and saying good-bye are not my favorite things to do.) Anyways I just thought that I would post these thoughts. I am not sure how long it will take us to get our internet hooked up there so this may be it for a while. Joey turned 3 two days ago. I feel bad I did not post his picture, but my camera battery died when I was trying to take his birthday picture, and I have been too busy to get new batteries. I think it is amazing how on the birthdays of our children, well atleast for me and a few others I have talked to, we are given the gift of remembrance. It's almost as if you can relive the day, the emotions and memories, of the day they were born. I love it! That is a whole other blog though...
Love you all! Smile! Life is good! Marilla

7 comments:

Angee Leishman said...

Oh Rilla!!!
We will miss you & I know that you will do so great in Provo. You are an amazing person and Heavenly Father will continue to bless you because of that. Take care....We love you!!!

Joy said...

I'm so excited for you to be here in Provo! I'm sure it's hard...change always is. But it will be fun to get to live close to you and be around your cute family. It was good to see you yesterday!

Unknown said...

Rilla,
You will love being in a new place.. I sure do although I really miss Logan. That felt more like home to me. But you do make new friends and a change of scenery is nice too. We will always be best friends and you can call me for anything.
Okay, how do you make such a cute blog. My blog address is Grantheatherdax.blogspot.com I just dont know how to use it like you do. I like your cute background and music. How the heck did you do that? Teach me please. My blog is lame! Anyways I am adding you to my blog as a contact okay? Love ya girl. You are always in my prayers...Heather

Lyndy Butler said...

I love you Rell! We will miss you guys so much but we are so excited for this new adventure you are on!. I look up to you in so many ways. You are an amazing woman and I love you! and I love your little Fam! Squeeze your boys for me. I can't believe Joey is three! CRAZY!

Margaret said...

Rella,

It was fun to see you sunday and I am so excited for you and Dave and the boys. things are going to be ok. LIke you said you have been lead to this point. Enjoy every moment. Rely on each other and know you are in our prayers. I love you and your sweet family. I hope Davids first day of school was fun. you will have to let me know. Love you Aunt Margie

Zach and Shanna said...

We sure miss you here in Cedar. Good luck with school though!

Unknown said...

Rella, thanks for posting those thoughts. You are so insightful and wise.
Love, Drana