Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am a Baby...

Yesterday was David's first day of First Grade.
(My battery was dead when I dropped him off so we took this picture after school.)
He is the youngest in his class as he has an August birthday and we chose to start him last year rather than wait for this year. He was ready. Now looking back I can not imagine if we would have had him wait. He is one of the biggest (tallest) kids in his first grade class, imagine if he were just starting Kindergarten...
He is so smart!
He reads one verse in the scriptures several times a week, with minimal help.
At back to school night his teacher sent home a spelling list. We went home, read over it once, and then I asked him to spell the words... he got them all right the first time around.

I love to look at those Big Brown eyes!
This is the second day of school.
Yesterday when I dropped him off I asked the teacher if I could come to the lunch room and eat with him... I had tears coming in my eyes... She said she would be with them the whole time and help them all eat, but I still wanted to go. I was worried my boy would "need" me. Ok, so I knew he wouldn't "need" me, I knew he would be all right without me, but I "needed" him. I needed him to stay my little baby. My first born. I needed him to need me. I was sad to realize he is growing up. I cried the whole way home. Sobbed.
I am so Proud of my David- how smart, friendly, handsome, helpful and neat he is. He is a Terrific Kid! I Love You David!
I guess I'll be ok if he doesn't need me at school...:)

2 comments:

Angee Leishman said...

That is one of the hardest things for me!!!...to let my kids grow up! He looks so cute!

Erica Mangum said...

i totally know how you feel. My oldest Chase just started kindergarten. I am sad. They grow up way to fast. But i will enjoy a couple hour break.