Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 days of Christmas Spirit...

Last year I attempted to do this,
12 days of Christmas to help get myself and my family more in the Christmas spirit. Each day I wanted to do something nice for someone else or some other activity to get us in the mood. I didn't do so well then, so I am trying again.
Here are some of my ideas, do any of you have others?
* Go caroling.
* Do secret service for each other in the house.
* Take gifts to the neighbors.
* Go see the temple grounds.
* Go look at Christmas lights.
* Read christmas stories, each night one.
* Help the boys buy gifts for each other.
* Write letters to missionary grandparents.
* Make bread dough ornaments for friends and teachers.
Well that is 9 and I need 12. I am open to other ideas. What do you all do to serve and get in the Christmas spirit? Things I can do with a 4 and 6 year old.

5 comments:

ADAMS FAMILY said...

Last year we all made cookie cutter sugar cookies for santa on christmas eve and one day we made popcorn streamers for the tree and then we found a family in need and had a D.I drive and brought them a bunch of stuff which I think got me in the spirit the most because seeing a family that hardly has anything and seeing how happy our stuff that we never use could make another kid so happy. It made me realize how grateful I am for what I have. You have a lot of good ideas, I told myself I would do that this year and I haven't even thought about it.

Unknown said...

baking while listening to Christmas music always puts me in the spirit. Get on that cute apron and start baking up some christmas cookies. The boys will love decorating them. Also, each night we watch a Christmas movie. I don't know how you could serve someone while doing that, but it's fun anyway.

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

I love all those ideas! I wish I had one to give, but I'm struggling with the Christmas spirit myself!!
Can't wait to see you at Christmas, we will right??!!! Love ya!!

Mills Family said...

Hi! Hey, i love this post!! What a GREAT idea!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Lyndy Butler said...

YAY RELL!!!
We are gonna do it!
i'll definitely keep you posted on the goals. I cant wait to see you guys around Christmas. We have to have a girly night before Rosie goes to Brazil. We should sneak into New Moon just for traditions sake. Love ya