Sunday, October 17, 2010

Camera Help Please

I want to buy a camera for my bday but I can't decide. I do not want to be a professional photographer I just want to take great pics for my family activities etc. I am trying to decide between these two...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-X5-BK/14245324?findingMethod=rr

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?prod...uct_id=13432983

Will you look at them and tell me what you think? To me the only difference is name brand and one says it does black/white and sepia... The GE actually seems to have better specs, but if you say it's worth $100 to get the Nikon I'll consider it. What do you think? Or is there something else you would recommend in that price range?
-M rilla

4 comments:

Britters said...

I didn't check out the specs of either camera, but I have owned 2 Canons - both powershot series (mine and my husband's) and I have always been impressed with the photo quality. Justin's is a real small, compact one and it takes awesome pictures....My sis-in-law is a photographer and would probably tell you to go with Nikon, but they are more pricey. The Canons I've seen are well within the price ranges of the 2 cameras you're looking at. I've seen them at Costco for decent prices too...$150-$200.... That's my opinion!! good luck, and Happy Almost Birthday!!!

Angee Leishman said...

I would go with a Cannon. They are the BEST!

ADAMS FAMILY said...

Out of the two I would go with Nikon...good camera! We have also had the Kodak Easyshare and that is a great camera too! Good Luck! Happy early Birthday, I know it is around the 24th or 25th but I can't remember

Bugs said...

I agree with the others Canons are the best but between the two you have listed I would definatley choose the Nikon. Check out Amazon too they always have great prices and good reviews to read up on.