Thursday, September 17, 2009

Growing up...

I feel like I am growing up.
I had one kids parent teacher conference two weeks ago and then the other kids back to school night last week. I take one kid to school, then the other and then I take myself to school. Most days Dave does the kid watching, but when I can, I Love to help!

Here is Joey on his first day of Preschool.
We had this Elmo back pack for him from last year when his brother started kindergarten, he had to have a back pack too.


He may not look very excited here. This is because he wanted to go to preschool RIGHT after he woke up. He did not want to wait 30 minutes. We got his out clothes the night before so when he woke up he had himself dressed in less than 3 minutes and wanted to GO. When I told him he needed to eat he seemed VERY disappointed!

This is how I love to see them. At night sleeping so peaceful. I get to remember the days before the talking back and having a mind of their own. Though it can be trying at times, I appreciate them thinking and acting for themselves. They are both such great independent little boys.

I enjoy watching them learn and grow!

I am working with adults who have addictions, or what is better known as the disease of alcoholism, or chemical dependence.
This is a job I enjoy, however I feel like a grown-up, or atleast a kid pretending to be a grown up "therapist". This is definitely something I have dreamed of since my youth. I am happy it is happening it just feels a little surreal.
Another reason I have been feeling grown up is because my husband and I both voted in our city mayor primaries. (isn't that what old people do?) We have voted before, I have felt I have had a lot of adult experiences more recently though. I feel like a "real" mom now that my kids are growing up... I can't imagine how being a Gram feels. I am definitely feeling grown up.
I like it, yet I also like being a kid with my kids and my best friends.
Sorry if this sounds like a scattered mess, at least my words match my life right now!

5 comments:

Noa and Tanya Tuitavuki said...

Hey Marilla!
How are you guys! We miss you. Your boys are so handsome! Those pics of little Joey are hecka cute! I hope we see you guys soon!

Allison said...

Marilla,
I totally know what you mean! When did we become ADULTS? It is so weird when the bagger at Albersons refers to me as "Ma'am." Good to know you feel the same. Also I think that is awesome that you are doing counseling. I bet you are SO good at it!

Unknown said...

I know that day will come for me soon enough. The older the kids get, it seems the more involved we get in their lives and our communities. I actually look forward to those days. I don't look forward to aging and wrinkles, but I want to feel like a grown up mommy some days. I think it will feel more like that when we actually get to own a house and have our own income. We'll see. Miss ya. Keep up the good work.

Mills Family said...

Marilla! give me your email address ok. I'm going private this time. I never seem to get it right, but it should work now. thanks!

The Sandy Bottom Crew said...

joey is getting so big!!! Miss you guys lots and give the fam a big hug for us!!