Monday, September 28, 2009

A Hero to Me...

I have been meaning to write about this dear friend of mine...
There are so many people I look up to in this life. Becky is definitely one of them.

She is a survivor of Leukemia. It has been two and a half years since she was diagnosed and now she is a survivor!
She is one of my heroes!
There was a 5k done in her behalf two years ago and now she is paying it forward.
This picture was taken in Provo canyon after the 5k race she put together for a friend of hers who is battling leukemia now. I love the changing fall leaves in the background!

She is quite the lady, always recognizing others for their fights of life.
Thanks for being who you are Beck!
Now if I could just meet Nie Nie. She is another of my heroes!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Amazing. It's incredible what they go through. I try to run all our local 5ks for blood cancers and diseases. They have touched my life the most. She's now a hero of mine. :)

Mills Family said...

Yes..I love and look up to Becky too! She is such a strength to all those around her. I'm so inspired to see her reaching out to help others all the time! Hey, My niece, Angie, always talks about Nie, Nie also! I always stay inspired by my cute niece, Angie also and it's so good to have the blogging world to stay in touch with each others. There are so many people who go through such hard things and it's such a blessing to us to know them and how they get through their hard times! And it always helps us get through our tough moments too huh! Glad to see you are doing so good! I love the pics of you up the mountain on the run!