Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving thanks!

Today I am thankful for the chance to be able to relax.
I was able to finish writing a paper that is due on Tuesday. I was able to prepare half of a nice Thanksgiving dinner and my sister-in-law Julie did the other half.
I had a nice day!
Today I am thankful to know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us.
I am grateful to know I can count on our Father in Heaven. I am grateful He is dependable and allows us to learn.
I know He is bound by laws and because of those laws He can not interfere with our agency, unless we allow Him to.
(I hope this makes sense, it is a newer concept to me so I am not as eloquent with the words as I'd like to be.)
If we want the Holy Spirit in our lives and if we want God in our lives we have to invite them. I am so thankful for them in my life. I pray for them daily!
I am thankful for good parents who taught me well and raised me in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for a living prophet and apostles on the earth.
I am thankful for the restored gospel, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I am thankful for wonderful examples and righteous people I interact with daily who love and serve others.
I learn from them.
I learn how to be a better person, how to serve my fellowman, how to be humble and teachable.
I learn how to be grateful for the things I have and not take them for granted.
I have a lot to learn and a long ways to go, but for today these are the things I am learning and thankful for!