Monday, July 5, 2010

Family

I want to say that I had an amazing weekend the last few days.
I was able to go to St. George with my boys to a Terry reunion and it was very nice.
I really felt my dad there the whole time and my grandparents, Maeser and Marilla.
My Aunt Linda and Uncle Reg Terry family did a great job planning.
I had such a pleasant time in Enterprise.
I was really happy to see my aunts, uncles and cousins.
The family t-shirts were cool, and so were all the activities.
We had some "surprise" visits from ancestors to tell us about their pasts, and their testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I don't know if it is just that I am getting older, or if my attitude is changing, or if something was different, but things felt different for me.

My mom moved out of her house in Diamond Valley that she has lived in for the last 20 years and I was able to help her do some moving and unpacking.
I have an amazing mother, I realize more and more each day just how amazing she really is. My boys seemed to have a blast with all of their cousins. Plus we celebrated Independence Day.
And I got to see Heather, Grant, Dax and the Werner family.
I love St. George,
I love my family,
I love the Gospel,
I am thankful I have a vehicle that gets me to all of these activities.
I am grateful to be alive.
I am Grateful to live in this Country.
I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.
One of my Uncles, who is special by more than just that title, talked at our reunion about how important the Holy Ghost is and how He can be taken for granted. What we don't realize is that having the Holy Ghost with us is like walking and talking with the Gods because the Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead.
My mom is going to copy all of her pictures from the weekend onto a disc for me and then I'll post more. I love pics so sorry I do not have any with this post.
Love, Me!

1 comments:

Cinda said...

It was good to visit with you for a bit while you were down. Keep blogging, it keeps us informed with what's going on in your world.