Monday, July 12, 2010

J.o.e.y

Last night as I was doing my daily email and blog check-up, Joey wanted to play a game.
(More BIG Brown eyes.)
Like the 'average' mother that I am I was telling him "just a minute"... and "you set it up then I'll come play" trying to buy me some time.
The game was Backyardigans memory.
At one point he said "I'll go for you" and I did not think anything of it.
I have to admit I was not really listening to him as I was reading blogs and emails. :(
So when he started cleaning it up I said "sorry buddy" and logged off the computer to play the game with him.
He said "it's ok mom, I finished the game, we tied."
That broke my heart.
He is such a sweet boy!
I love how forgiving and easy they can be.
Needless to say after that we played Jenga and read books for over an hour.
I love being a momma.
I love my boys.
I love days like Sunday and Monday when we have all the time in the world to spend together (I work Tuesday-Saturday).
I figured most mothers would be able to relate so I had to share this sweet story.
I Love these boys!

1 comments:

Shasta said...

Mother of the year more times than I would like to admit...thats why my blog is stuck in March 2010!
Good thing they love us unconditionaly - and thanks to our Heavenly Father for the constant reminders of the love we share with our precious little ones!
xoxo! miss you!