Sunday, October 25, 2009

Words to the song...

For my Dad. I miss you old man!
Hunting season brings with it many memories of my dad, as well as this last birthday.

St. George
Sunrise

For Joseph Arthur Terry Sr.
written and composed by Kathy Rogers

1st verse
Hello old friend,
Its always good to see you.
I’ve needed your smile,
I’ve longed for your touch.
Our precious time
Together goes so quickly.
You haven’t long to stay.
Lets share this perfect day.

2nd verse
Take hold of my hand,
Run with me in the red sand.
Capture the dunes
And be King of the hill.
Look out and see
The view is never ending.
The sandstone canyons call,
“Come scale the highest wall.”

Chorus
So goodbye for awhile
I’ll be seeing your smile,
When sunlight shines over the ridge.
To remind me, my friend
That our love never ends,
The St. George Sun will Rise.
In True Blue Dixie Skies.

3rd verse
Look at the Stars
Together we will name them.
Will you name one for me,
In Every Galaxy.
(there's a little more to this verse, Lyndy will get the rest to me later)

This song was written for my dad before he died. A very talented lady I know wrote it. My cousins, aunt and uncle sang it for him for the first time in their living room. It was also performed at his grave site and the St. George Relay for Life in 2001. I wish I could put the music on here with the words.
Maybe when Lyndy gets more time she can record this song like she has her other songs. And then I'll post the music.

Thanks Lynd!
(This was over three years ago at his grave.)
Love you Dad!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Extremely touching rill. I love it! It really made me miss your dad. What a reunion it will be when we you get to see him again huh. I hope I can be in the background watching. Grant really put it in perspective to me that this life is really only a blink of an eye. The after life is really eternity. You gotta wrap your mind around that for a sec. I know we've heard it a million times, but really, this life won't be that long at all compared to the next. Think of all that great time we will have with family and loved ones FOREVER!

Unknown said...

We all do! SUCH a great man!! Reading that seriously made me cry. Love you!