Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear David Jr.

Dear David Jr.,
I Love you! You are such a sweet boy. Thank you for being my son and my buddy. I am so proud of you. You are so smart at school; reading, math, and writing. I have noticed you practicing your writing. You are such a sensitive boy. I hope that you stay just the way you are; smart, sensitive, sweet and caring. I love how you are so honest. I love that you make friends wherever we go and you are so friendly to others. I love that you come and talk to me whenever you need to. I am sorry that I am not always in the best mood and sometimes I get mad at you, BUT I Love You!
This week at work I have been helping some families who have sons who are addicted to drugs. I hope that you will listen to the Holy Ghost as you choose friends and as you make choices that will affect your future. Stay close to your Heavenly Father and He will always help you make good choices. If you ever find yourself in a bad situation making bad choices I hope that you will come to me and ask for help, but most especially I hope you will go to God in prayer. I hope that we can always be close and be friends. The moms that I have been working with this week said they never imagined their sons to make these kinds of choices and be hurting so much. The dads spoke of their "little buddies" growing up who are now adults making choices that are bad for them. You are you're dad's little buddy and always have been from the day you were born. I hope if we ever find our family in a similar situation that we will work together like these families are.
I love you so much. I love how you talk almost non-stop. I love how silly you are, how you are afraid of the dark, and what a great big brother you are (most of the time). I will always remember the day you were born and how much of a blessing you are to me and to your dad. I am so happy to be your mom, learning with you as you grow and as I grow too. Thanks for being patient with me!
Love your forever mom,
Mommarilla

1 comments:

Angee Leishman said...

That was very sweet!