Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life...

This is a quote I keep in our office/extra bedroom.

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are often more dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey: Delays, side tracks, smoke, dust cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
- Gordon B. Hinckley

Someone gave this to us years ago and I have not checked the reference. It may be one of those made up things that someone attached Pres. Hinckley's name to... either way I like the quote.

And I'll add to the quote, finding joy, gratitude and smiling in the rail journey of life makes it all a little more worth it!
Sometimes my job is emotionally draining and I need little reminders. :)
I love my job! I love helping people and listening to their concerns.

1 comments:

Shasta said...

I love it!
Thanks for sharing! :)
hugs!