Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Stand All Amazed...

This is going to be a long one, so I'll make try and make it worth reading. :)
What can I say? I am not sure how to describe or put into words what I am feeling lately. I have been so overwhelmed with life. I know that I am not alone in this overwhelming world and we all have different things we are busy with but I wanted to share some of my recent thoughts and experiences.
So for the last two years I have basically relied on the Lord everyday to help get me through. When I first began the Master's program I told Heavenly Father in several prayers, 'you called me to this so you better help me'. I hope that that is not too sacrilegious to admit, but I did it, and guess what He ALWAYS helped me!
Well now I have to admit my stupidity because for the last two months or so I have been trying to do it all on my own. I was so overbooked that I just kept going and sort of forgot about Him. Then one day I had this ah-ha moment last week that reminded me I have forgotten to rely on Him. Well guess what my new resolution was...To Rely On Him. And now I sit here all Amazed at the love He offers me.
It started yesterday when I was thinking about doing my portfolio, final master's project. (It was due today.) I decided not to, I felt so calm and I took the boys grocery shopping with me and we had a good time together. Then we got home and did the usual; the boys were getting ready for bed, brushing teeth, watching a movie, picking a book to read la la la. A dear friend called and needed to talk, so we talked for about an hour and then I peaked in the bathroom because David (Jr) was taking a long time in there and I overreacted and (gently) spanked David's naked butt because he was in there wrapping himself like a mummy in the toilet paper with his pants down and poop in the toilet. (just had to throw that in, it really had nothing to do with this post besides that fact that it shows my humanness and it is kinda funny).

Anyways, then this morning I naturally woke up about 3 am wide awake to sit down and finish compiling my portfolio. I had so much energy and I was able to type and organize straight through 4+ hours worth. That is a miracle in itself for me.
On my way to take the boys to school the song Footloose came on the radio which was one of my favorites as a kid and I thought God is telling that little girl He loves her!
Today the sky was so blue and the weather so nice, I thought maybe He did that just for me and you know what I truly believe that He would do that just for me if that is what He thought I needed because I know He loves me that much, and He loves you that much too!
It is like every time I see a UPS truck, it happens to be right when I need it. The small and simple, the tender mercies.
And to top it all off I went to buy some sunglasses today that were $10 and I got to Down East and they were on sale for $1. Holy cow. I am so thankful for that Love. I know God works in mysterious ways. I know He loves me and I am thankful He finds ways to remind me of that regularly. All we have to do is PAY ATTENTION!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

You know my dear the he does love you and he is with you always. I had an ah ha moment too. Sunday before danny opened his call, i felt that grandpa was there. the spirit was so strong. I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father does love us. And I love you too and am so proud of you and what you have accomplished. you my dear rella are my hero. Hang in there... You are almost finished.

Unknown said...

Thanks rell. I really loved that.
**this is stace, not kode. Even though I'm sure he would love it too :)

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

You always inspire me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.