Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Boys.

David and Joey have had Spring break this past week and I have been busy finishing up school, but we have still gotten to spend some time together. I love them so much!!! I want to share a cute thing I have heard from both of them lately.

Last week I overheard Joey as he was walking down into our "scary" dark basement... he was saying "you can do this Joey". Then he asked me "mom how does I am a child of God go?" and he started singing it without prompting as he was walking down the stairs. So cute! I have prompted them before, when they are scared, to sing their primary songs cuz that's what always works for me, but I had no idea it was actually sticking :)

Then yesterday David, when I got home from work, came in and sat by me doing my unwind at the computer and he said "I got a little worried today"(he worries a lot). He said "I am not worried about us dying anymore I am worried about if it actually happens... if we actually get to be together forever." I didn't think anything of it for a second and then he started to cry and said "what if I don't have a brother." He said "mom I feel really bad for what I have done to Joey." I said "what did you do?" and he said "you know being mean so much". May I remind you this kid is 6. years. old. I am so proud of him. He loves his little brother and he is listening to his conscience/the Holy Spirit.

This is them right. this. second., sleeping, the closer they are to each other at night the better our chances are of them staying in their own bed.
That's my post for the day. Love you all!

I like this saying...
Daddy's Boys Momma's Heroes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are AMAZING! They are so in tune with the spirit. Man is that ever so rare these days. Especially in boys that young. Wow Rill, Im proud of you. You raised them well!

Shasta said...

What a sweetheart.
I love big brothers! Everyone should have one!
hugs to you and your cute little nuggets!