Monday, April 26, 2010

Perfect Day

I do not know why I share such intimate experiences on this blog... I guess it is because I hope that it will help someone else, it is a cute way to "journal" these events, and I can write it better than saying it.
Soooo here you go.
As I was getting ready for the day, the day after my graduation, I was full of gratitude for all I have been given, then this random thought came into my mind... the one thing that would've made my graduation day even more perfect would have been to have my dad there.
Every big event my family has had since my dad passed away I have always had very strong impressions that my dad was there. The mornings both of my boys were born I had overwhelming feelings of peace and comfort knowing that my dad was with me.
When all of my siblings left and came home from their missions, and got married I had similar impressions. Whenever I need it most I'll see a UPS truck or see my 'Uncle' Don who calls me "Roo", a nick name from my dad.
As graduation approached I knew I would get the feeling that he was there and he was proud of me and I was waiting for it.
My mom made the comment that now he has his BYU grad and I knew that he was proud, the ring my mom gave me was from my dad for her, so I knew that he was in on the gift with her, but I still had not received that special feeling that comes only from him and the spirit, and Saturday morning after graduation I got it.
I had this overwhelming feeling that he was there with me and he was proud, the tears just flowed and flowed and flowed. I am so thankful for the tender mercies of our loving Father in Heaven who at moments allows the veil to be thin enough for us to feel the presence of those who have passed on.
In church yesterday I was overcome with gratitude at the love of our Father who helps us through trials and struggles only to make us stronger, better people. I know I could not have completed the last two years without some special help from above. I am grateful to know that I am a better person for sticking with it and trusting in the Lord, counting on Him in times of need.
I like this pic of the boys in their flip flops so I wanted to include it.

I love this guy too! I love that we are growing old and chubby together :)
I know I had so much help from so many earthly angels so many that I could not name them all, we have had such a great ward, a great landlord, great neighbors, wonderful friends, terrific classmates, amazing professors and mentors, and the best family EVER!
The past 20+ months have been so life changing for me that I may just randomly post about them for the next little while. Thank you for bearing with me and still following my blog.
Love you and Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Shasta said...

I got that amazing feeling you talk about just by reading about your moments with your father. Thank you for sharing yourself with [us]...that to me is a blog (a so-to-speak, journal of our lives.) You are such a strong beautiful woman! You inspire me and always have, by your constant cheerfulness, sincerity, and natural beauty. You have such a sweet spirit. Thank you for being in my life & most importantly for always being you!
xoxox to you & your amazing father!

Unknown said...

Love ya rill. So stinking proud of you. Got your cute grad picture the other day and it's hanging on my fridge forever! You've inspired me to go back to school. I am getting all my transcripts together and applying this week:) YAY! Love ya sista!