Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Self Control

Why do I struggle so much to control what I eat?
I eat when I am stressed and I think it makes me feel better but I know I would feel SO much better in the stress if I was eating healthy.
When I eat healthy I don't feel fat, bloated, chubby, overweight, and my clothes are not too tight. When I tell people I am going to eat better I eat worse, so it does not help if I ask for tons of support, I have to decide for myself and then do it myself.
It would be nice to have someone to call when I feel weak and know that they will support me by reminding me to eat healthy i.e. carrots, celery, fruit, water... but in reality I just need some self- control.
I went to the Dr. yesterday for a check-up and had to step on that scale... crap!!! I am done with school now so that stress should be gone, but now I am working full time so there is that added stress, plus we have to move because our landlords are not going to be renting this house anymore (their granddaughter needs a place to stay). No matter what, there is always going to be some stress, so that is no longer an excuse!!!

I know I am beautiful and weight does not matter, but it is important to eat healthy and feel healthy, and treat our bodies like the temples they are, plus it hurts to run cuz I'm so chubby.

Help me out, please, (my face is showing the chubbiness) what do you do?

5 comments:

Mills Family said...

Hi! Oh, I just got home and sat down to relax and catch up on friends and family through the blogging world! Marilla, you are so beautiful and don't ever need to worry about needing to watch what you eat so I was surprised by the post you did here. I have always thought you are so pretty in every way. And, I also love the pics of you and your boys!!!oh my gosh...so cute!! Hey, congrats on being all done with your schooling and into the career world. You are gonna do so great. That so much for your posts. I always feel the spirit when reading. Your posts are brave and are so heartfelt, thanks for sharing these thoughts and feelings. Love you!

Shasta said...

I struggle with the same feelings & thoughts...over and over again. Yes we both know that we are beautiful! Its just hard when the inside doesn't match the outside....mostly it takes time to love yourself inside and out...making that all around life style change to a healthier happier you! It is possible, sooner or later all the pieces fall into place and your back running in your small comfy running pants, breathing, and all the while and enjoying being you. Someday, we realize this is it, and its ok, and that, my friend is when you change!
xoxo me

ADAMS FAMILY said...

I go through the same feelings, especially owning a gym. I feel like I need to look like the wife of a personal trainer. We have been open for 2 1/2 years and I have maybe been to the gym to workout at most 10 times. I really have no excuse not to go, I just don't want to. I eat horribly and have no desire to work out and then recently have been feeling like you were explaining. It's so hard because there is always something stressful standing in the way, and I have no self control either. This week I have been really trying to reach for a piece of fruit instead of chips or cookies and it has made me feel a little better. Just remember you are beautiful in and out...Love you Rill!

Angee Leishman said...

I am suffering from the same problem. I wish it wasn't so darn hard! I always wonder why I can't be one of those girls who just don't gain weight but I guess the Lord has different plans for me. I feel like this last year I have just packed on the weight because my life has been so stressfull. I look in the mirror and hate what I see yet I still eat like crap. So.....if you find a way to tame your monster please share it with me because I am in need of some serious help!

Unknown said...

All I can say it that it has totally helped to lose weight as a couple. Grant has been my rock. He is on this no carb diet thing so that is all I can cook for dinner..just proteins. It's helped me out to see his self control. I feel lucky that way. My mother on the other hand has a spouse that cannot stop eating. And look at him! She still eats like crap but she exercises on her lunch break, early mornings, and at night. If she cut out the junk food, my mom would look amazing because of how much she works out. Set realistic goals for yourself. Put a cute pair of skinny jeans where you can see them as a reminder of what you want to fit into. Good luck. you can do it!