Sunday, May 16, 2010

Song for the season...

I have written before about my theme songs...
The next one that seems to be manifesting itself is
"Have I done Any Good...
in the World Today?"

I am feeling like it is time for me to give back a little more.
After all I have been given the last two years (and ALWAYS) finishing this degree, it's the least I could do.
A new goal I have set is to write in my journal each day...
1. Something I am grateful for.
2. A way I have seen the hand of God in my life that day.
AND
3. A service I did that day.
(Not including the work I do which is a service itself, but I get paid to do that)


Here are some of the lyrics to that song I like best.
Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not I have failed indeed...
Has anyone's burden been lighter today...
When they needed my help was I there?...
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by...
Love's labor has merit alone...
To God each good work will be known.

Just the little things are important. I need to be more conscientious of others and be willing to help when He needs me, not so selfish.

0 comments: