Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of school

I took pics, but can't figure out how to get them on here right now.
I took David to his first day of second grade, Tuesday.
Before we left the house he said do you have to come in?
Can you just drop me off?
I was like heck no! Why?
He just looked at me.
Are you embarrassed?
He said yes
I said is it because I kiss and hug you?
He said yes
I said what if we kiss and hug at home? Then can I take you inside?
Luckily, he said yes
And luckily because apparently it was just for me to take him inside. Sometimes as mom's we do things "for our kids", but they are really for us. ;)
I wondered, does this ever get any easier?
I started crying again, like last year, after I left his class of course.
My kids are growing up, and it is sad. Happy, but sad too.
Being a mom is a crazy thing.
I love my David.
Joey starts Kindergarten September 7.

0 comments: