Sunday, August 22, 2010

Whose problem is it?

Good question.
I really like those little ah-ha moments I get that are learning moments in life.
Today the one I had went something like this...
I guess I am a pretty judgmental person because...
When I see someone with messy hair or acting in a way that I think is inappropriate in public, I wonder "do they realize how stupid that is, or do they realize how dumb they look?"
Well today I was walking around with a towel that had some bleach spots on it and I thought " I wonder what people would think if they noticed my towel?"
(Even though I realize we are all so focused on our own appearance we do not notice others, normally)
Then the ah-ha moment...
I realized I do not care about my towel.
So if someone notices it, and judges it, then that is their problem.
And more ah-ha.
If someone notices my outfit and judges it and has a problem with it, that is their problem.
If someone notices my kids messy faces and judges them, that is their problem.
If someone notices my house is not as clean as it could be and judges me because of it, that is their problem.
So you see what other people think is their problem and we/I do not need to make it ours/mine.
Just thought you'd all like to hear.
Now all I have to do is apply this learning moment and not let what others think bother me ever again. :)

0 comments: