Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reunion

Earlier this summer around July 4 I wrote about our Terry reunion. I had a lot of fun there and felt my dad's presence stronger and longer than I have in a while. It was such a great feeling to be with family! I finally have the photos my mom took from the event so I wanted to post them and explain about the experience.

This is the whole family.
We had to take three different shots to get everyone in the picture of the Maeser and Marilla Terry family. (I am named after my grandmother).


These are my Dad's siblings.
Siblings and spouses i.e. my aunts and uncles.
The oldest, Uncle Reg, and his family.
It was their turn to be in charge of the reunion and they did an excellent job!
Second, Uncle Fenton and family.
Aunt Pat and her husband, Uncle Jeff, were the "keynote speakers" for the reunion, their kids were all busy this particular weekend.

Then Uncle Steven and his family.
(In all of these pictures this is not every family member just those who could make it to Enterprise for the weekend.)
Uncle David and family.
Then my dad, Joe, and our family.
And last Aunt Sherene and her family.
Uncle Dave and Aunt Sherene made a slide show with music and pictures from past reunions. I couldn't even watch it, half way through I had to walk across the street and cry harder than I remember crying for in a long time. It is very difficult to miss family members who have passed on. I am grateful to have felt their spirits so strongly with all of us this weekend!
I wish I could have seen my dad there.

We got some cool history from Uncle Fenton acting as Thomas Sirls Terry, my Great great grandfather (or great great great, I'm not quite sure). And from my cousin Lisa, acting as his wife Mary Ann Pulsipher Terry. It was neat and spiritual.
The kids had a lot of fun with these rubber band things...
and water slides.
Joey and Joey the III wrestled all weekend.
David playing with fire.
David, Emma and kitties. The boys love hangin out with their cousins!
This is my brother Joseph and his family (minus Taryn and hers).
Then my brother Robert and his family.
(I set them up)
And my boys and I.
Dave couldn't make it this weekend cuz he had just started managing at the Sweet Tooth Fairy. :)
My mom and some of her grandsons.
I L.O.V. E the messy faces!

Uncle Jeff happened to walk by so we had him take a photo too.
Me and my Auntie.
My dad always said I looked like her, but she is so much prettier. Thanks Dad.

And Last, Katelyn and her Auntie.
I have loved this girl from the day she was born. Her mother allowed me to be in the delivery room and I will never forget it.
If I make some time in the next little while I may make individual posts for some of these photos, however it has taken this long so far that I just wanted to get them all posted.


Finally, Yes I realize I have gained some weight and these pics really show it, but I am working on that. My excuse is school and now it's over :).

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Looks like fun! Family is the best!

Brittany said...

Looks like FUN!!! Love you.... check out my new little blog. Might be just what you need :)

www.superfitandfab.blogspot.com

not that you need.... just sayin

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures. I cant believe your niece katlyn is already that big. Wow. And uncle Jeff is just as handsome as ever.! I told the missionaries here that he was my best friends Uncle and they couldn't believe it. :) That reunion looks way fun. Glad you got to be with family, and see me that weekend too:)

Mills Family said...

I love family time. The older we get the more we realize to appreciate our family huh. That's fun that they had some matching T-shirts. I especially LOVED all the fun games. That rubberband thing looked WAY funny! haha. Marilla, you look fantastic! Hey, also, I didn't know that Jeff was you uncle! That is really great! He is a friend of my Dad. my dad grew up in Santa Clara St. George and so they knew eachother. Also, my dad taught seminary and institute for 40 + years and so he was keeping in touch with Jeff for CES reasons as well. Jeff performed my brother's wedding in the Salt Lake temple some years ago. That was a neat experience to be there with him in the temple. Anyway, gotta run, I'll check in again soon :)