Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grateful

I am grateful for SO many things.
I have read quite a few blogs and Facebooks of people who are being grateful. I love how that makes me feel so I'm going to jump on that bandwagon and be grateful. I am going to catch up since it's already the 13th so here goes...

1. I am thankful for good examples in my life at every stage. Especially now for all u grateful people reminding me to have gratitude. I write often in a journal things I'm grateful for, but it never hurts to do it more, count my blessings.
2. I am thankful for good music like "count your many blessings", that lift my spirits instantly. I started listening to Christmas music this week on my way to work cuz "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" around here, cold and snowy.
3. I am so thankful for my family. All of them. I seriously have the best Aunts. Uncles. Cousins. Siblings. Parents,even if deceased. Grandparents. In-laws. And kids. I don't know what I' d do without them. I can't imagine how Job felt in the bible...
4. I am thankful for the Holy spirit in my life that guides me daily if I'll just listen. Seriously I rely on that in therapy and personally for guidance, peace, comfort, and direction.
5. I am thankful my husband got us Droid phones cuz our computers are dead so I'm typing this from my phone. Not easy but definitely possible. Plus all this technology allows me to keep in contact with all those people that I love so much.
6. I am thankful for my lil' sister. She almost died when I was 5 and I prayed with all my heart for her to live. I know that was Gods will so she was spared. I miss her so much right now cuz she is spending time with her fiance in Brazil. I missed her like crazy when she was on her mish too.
7. I am thankful that I have always had the best friends a girl could ever ask for. Since I was a little girl, Heather & Tiff, and others in that area. Then we moved and I met Silene, who is and always will be a huge support. Shasta. Sunny. Bunny. Many through high school. Then in Cedar I met Lindsey and Becky. And in provo I have another Lindsey and Becky who are sisters, all my MSW friends, Anna, Rochell, Mita etc.
8. I am thankful for my journal. I was rereading it last night and I would've forgotten many things had I not written them down. This includes photos and scrapbook as well. I love memories! Without them I'd lose a huge piece of me.
9. I am thankful for The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. It has been such a blessing in helping me get to know God and His son Jesus Christ. The gospel provides me tools to maintain and obtain true peace and happiness.
10. Jesus Christ. I feel as though years ago I developed a strong relationship with Him. I am so grateful for His example and love. It is difficult for me to put all this in words especially this more intimate sacred stuff. Then the last two years I focused on getting to know the Holy Spirit#4.
11. More recently I have felt my relationship with God strengthening. I'm wondering and guessing that the first two is what allows this one, but I am so thankful to be feeling the Fathers love for me and getting to know Him. It's pretty amazing this thing we call life and all its lessons. It's such a great process if the 3 members of the godhead are a part of it.
12. I am grateful for life. For my life. For health and strength. For oxygen and the miracle of the body. I love being able to run and jump and breathe and meditate and sing and sit and love and hug...
13. I am thankful for ... to be continued.

0 comments: