Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My In-Laws

Ok so I must admit that I think I have the best in-laws ever. They are just about as quirky and crazy as my husbands in-laws....These are My in-laws, Dave's parents, Truman and Carol. They are such great parents and terrific grandparents. This is at the Christus statue on temple square in Salt Lake City. This is the day before they entered the MTC in Provo to prepare for their mission to the West Indes.
This is the whole fam damily after Truman and Carol's "farewell talks" the last weekend in September. (We were only missing one nephew, Sajen.)
Truman is the only grandpa to three of his childrens', children, if that makes sense. What a great guy! I am greatful for their example to our children of serving a mission. In their set apart blessings they were promised that their family would be taken care of in their absence better than they could do if they were here themselves. Thank the LORD cuz we'll use all the help we can get!
This is such a sweet picture if you know what it is... This is my husband and his sweet mother saying good bye. He is the baby of the family and his siblings would argue, probably the favorite. We love you!

4 comments:

Angee Leishman said...

We wouldn't argue that. We KNOW Dave is the favorite.

Staci said...

Thats so fun to have great Inlaws maybe someday mine will be great but for now Tom talks to them on sundays and thats about as close as we want to get ....drama!

Unknown said...

Awwww...was Dave Crying. That is such a tender picture. It is so hard to say goodbye to somebody when they will be gone for such a long time

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

Okay - that picture took me by surprise! I immediately cried remembering how hard that night wa for me. I don't cry any more, I'm too busy - except when a picture like this sneaks up and takes me by surprise. Thanks for all your kind words. I love you so much.