Monday, October 27, 2008

If the Savior Stood Beside Me...

It was the primary program yesterday in our ward. I love to see the little children singing and hear their words of wisdom. My own little David did such a great job! And then this little 4 year old girl sang "Tell me the stories of Jesus" SOLO. It was beautifully sweet. Anyways, one of the songs that they sang I love the words and music too. And I wanted to post them here...

1.
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

2.
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

3.
“He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.”

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That song is the sweetest. I want to memorize those words and sing it to Dax every night before going to bed. Thanks for posting.

Tanya said...

I love this song! I'm in the primary and we have been singing it almost every week and I STILL cry every time they sing it!

Joy said...

I love this song! I just got released from Primary, but every time they would sing it I would get teary-eyed. I love all your posts...so cute! And Happy Birthday a few days late. I hope it was great!

Margaret said...

i alwaYS LOVED the primary programs it was a parents proudest moment when your child participates in it. I also love this song too. take care babe. love you! aunt margie

Unknown said...

Hey, The other day I put in my primary songs cd and I couldnt find this song anywhere. Is it even in the childrens song book? I just want to listen to it and play it for Dax. Would it be under a different title?

Haven said...

Our program was last month and I'm one of the teachers. So I got to be up there in the midst of all the sweet singing. I love this song too!

FYI-This song was in the Children's Friend back in the 80's or 90's (can't remember). If you go to the church website (www.lds.org) you can go find the primary lessons and program info.