Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas!...

Practically every day since Halloween David and Joey have asked if we can get the Christmas stuff out. (A neighbor of ours apparently has a tradition that every year the day after Halloween she gets her Christmas stuff out, so now all the kids in the neighborhood that play with her kid want their stuff out as well.)
So here we go...Sunday after church when the sun went down we put up our tree. The past couple years I have put the treee up for about a week without decorations because I think it is so peaceful and beautiful. This tree I bought a few years ago and it has little pine cones all over it just like these. It really is peaceful for me to have the lights on like this, all day sometimes.

Then on Monday for FHE we put out the main nativity that we have and talked about the "Reason for the Season".

Dave and I have been collecting this nativity for a few years now and this year I was able to purchase the final piece we needed.

I love this saying by Elder Maxwell. I hope we all decide this season that there is room for Him in our lives and homes!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cute. I have the same nativity and am trying to get all the pieces still. Grant usually get's me one every year, but this year things are way tight so who knows. Looks beautiful. Have a good one.

Angee Leishman said...

I love your nativity set. It's beautiful!

The Madsens said...

hey you know those family pictures we did in st.george with the whole fam. well i was wondering if you know if anybody has the film or if anybody has the cd i was just wondering let me know thanks

Fullmer Family said...

Great idea having the tree up for a while with just the lights and I LOVE your tile. Hmm, wonder where you got it from (he he)!!
-Jillynne

PS I'll talk to Linday and get her your stuff sometime this week!

Staci said...

I love that nativity thats what we are doing one piece a year so hopefully someday we will have the whole set. Your tree is awesome I love it

Joy said...

Oh...I've been wanting to get my Christmas stuff out but haven't gotten to it yet. It is such a beautiful time of year. And I love that nativity. I am going to have to start collecting a piece at a time like you have. What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?