Monday, November 3, 2008

Answer to Prayers...

Now that I posted The boys for sale blog I guess it is my responsibility to post the answer to my prayers that came yesterday. (you may want to read that blog first) I was praying the whole time before church for some hope or an answer, and guess what, there it was as soon as I sat down in Relief Society, (if you do not know what Relief Society is you may click here) our Ward does Relief Society first. The opening song was one that has become one of my favorites lately and was an answer to a previous prayer, a month or so ago. The words go like this...

1. You can make the pathway bright,
Fill the soul with heaven’s light,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
Turning darkness into day,
As the shadows fly away,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

[Chorus]
If there’s sunshine in your heart,
You can send a shining ray
That will turn the night to day;
And your cares will all depart,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

2. You can speak the gentle word
To the heart with anger stirred,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
Tho it seems a little thing,
It will heaven’s blessings bring,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

3. You can do a kindly deed
To your neighbor in his need,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
And his burden you will share
As you lift his load of care,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

4. You can live a happy life
In this world of toil and strife,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
And your soul will glow with love
From the perfect Light above,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

The scriptures that go along with the song are...1 Peter 3:8–12(New Testament) and Mosiah 2:17, 41(Book of Mormon).
This song helps me to have sunshine in my heart. As I think of the words and music I can't help but have sunshine in my heart. Sunshine helps me be happy. In Relief Society the lesson was on being happy...atleast that is what I got from it. First the teacher discussed ways we can be happy/take time for ourselves. Then we discussed ways to serve others, which should make us truly happy.
For my own purposes I will note here, from the New Testament, Mark chapter 12, verse 31. This is a commandment that basically says to love your neighbor as yourself. Now if we do not take care of ourselves/love ourselves, how are we supposed to keep that commandment??? I aplogize for not being the best with my words, but I truly wanted to share my testimony with my fellow bloggers about our Savior's love for each one of us. I know if He loves me and answers my prayers, He must do it for all of you, All of His children! I know that He is there and listens to our every happiness and sorrow. I know that if we will ask He will answer, it may not always be what we want, but He does hear and He does answer.
There was more to the answer and the day than that, but for sake of time that is my answer in a nutshell. I must say now after that, I will keep my boys. I feel a little refreshed and loved, now I just need to plan a girls night out... Anyone??

7 comments:

Staci said...

Hey thats so awesome I love gettin answers through songs then that song always will remind you of the trial or whatever you were going through at the time!

Unknown said...

We should have a girls night out on the blog somehow. Since we are so far away. We should all be on the blog at the same time. I dont know, but I really do want a girls night out.

Joy said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can definitely say that I have the same feelings at times about wanting to just be alone and have time to myself. I love my husband and my boys dearly, but sometimes a little time away is nice (and necessary for our sanity). I am up for a girls' night out any time!

Lyndy Butler said...

PLease come to st. george and we will girls night.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Hey...on Monday I will have a post up about the contest and then on what they call MR. LINKY...you will write your name in and then it has you enter the URL for your specific post then you just press enter! :)

If you look at previous Don't You Hate It When posts you can see what the MR. LINKY looks like! I'm so excited to see what you got! :)

Brooke said...

Hi, I always enjoy looking at your blog. Sorry I don't leave comments more often. I will do better! I appreciate your testimony and thoughts. Your boys really are super cute! I'd love to hang out with you sometime....I come to Provo sometimes to see Joy. So Let's plan a get together ok!

Tiffany said...

It's so nice to know there are other moms/wifes out there who feel that way, and to hear their inspiration to keep going! You are always an inspiration to me though!!

My cell phone is lost, I am starting to think Trey ate it!! I missed you on our b-day...but I was thinking of you. I'm trying to get caught back up with life!! I know you forsure know what a crazy life is like. I miss you, let me know when you are going to come down!