Sunday, November 9, 2008

What to post about???

Well it has been almost a week since I posted so I decided that I should post something...

Maybe I could post about my match making abilities... Last night I set up 5 different dates and one of them, it was their second date...

or I could post about the 6 extra guests that we had in our house this weekend, Uncle Eddie, Uncle Nathaniel, Brother Robert, Brother Ben, Sista Rosa, and Cousin Kyle, What a Fun weekend. I am so glad that they all feel comfortable enough to come stay with us in this little old house! I love my family! How many people have Uncles that would come stay with them??? you have got to meet my FAMILY, if you haven't already...

Or speaking about family, I could post about my Aunt Drana who has the miraculous pleasure of having both of her twins, Layla and Lilly, home with her and Uncle Doug.

or I could post about this new blog I found blokthoughtsnmore.blogspot.com, she has a cool contest on her blog, entitled "don't you hate it when..."

or I could post about my sweet little son who brings me more happiness than he does frustrations, and I have been meaning to do this for ahwile now...

Yeah I think I will do that one,


David Michael Leishman Jr.


is my first born son. He is so handsome and sweet (except he likes to wrestle A LOT with his little brother, but that is "normal" brother stuff right?) and he loves his momma.


We got his school pictures a while back, but I have not posted them... I get a little teary looking at these because I think he looks so much like my Dad. Thanks Dad!
Then here he is at the Jazz game, being his silly old self...
And the last picture for the post is him with his Kindergarten class on Halloween. I was able to be there to help with the PARTY. He is in the back by the teacher in black.
So some of the things I wanted to say about him are first, how incredibly sweet he is! After the first day at General Conference he could not stop talking about all of the poor people (The Beggars in Downtown Salt Lake) and how concerned he was with them. So when we went home he decided he was going to gather all of the change that he could and the next day when he saw them he would be prepared to give each of them atleast one coin. He did it... it just so happened to be Sunday so we did not want to go to the store and "break the Sabbath" so we needed some coins for the vending machines in the Joseph Smith Memorial building to get a snack. He really wanted this treat, and I was out of coins, so I told him he could use his coins or save it for the poor and not have his treat, guess what he chose... SURPRISE he decided he would not have the treat.

He is 5 years old... isn't that sweet?


The next thing is just how SMART he is... He is constantly spelling things in the car and asking me what it spells, like "C-A-T, mom, what does that spell?" and I'll say something like "dog" and he'll laugh and say "nope". However it's difficult when he says something like "C-T-R, what does that spell?" and I'll say "CTR" then he's like "but no what does it spell?" I have to explain that it stands for Choose The Right, but it doesn't really spell anything.


The last item I wanted to address with him is how he loves people, especially his MOMMA! He has said before, "when I go on my mission, I'm going to miss you." and he is constantly bringing me these little love notes that say "i luv yo mom" with some sweet little drawing. I can not imagine him being a teenager that doesn't like his mom. Last week he brought home a picture he drew of myself, him and Joey. I asked him why he did not draw his Daddy and he said cuz you are nicer ;) Although I know he loves and worships his Dad.
I Love you son! I am so thankful to get to be your Momma and learn from you and with you. I am so thankful for your patience with me and allowing me to help teach you.
Love you, Your Forever Momma.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so sweet, I cried. What a sweetheart. Amongst all the crazy things kids do that frustrate us, they are just so gosh darn cute you just want to hold on to them forever. He really does look like your dad. I didnt know your Aunt Drana had twins. I didnt even know she was married. You should post some pic's. What was the miraculous story about that? My uncle and Aunt came here last month with my parents and wanted to stay with me, but my Dad threw a fit and would not let them. He wanted to just spend time with us. I thought it was selfish but funny, so my uncle would have stayed here if my dad would have let them. Oh well. Love ya girl

Unknown said...

Okay, to show who has posted and the most updated you have to go to Layout, then click on your friends list where you would add another blog. Above that box you will see a list of options that you can highlight. I click the very bottom one that says "Show most Updated" or something like that, then hit save and your done. Does that help? This option is the coolest and I love seeing who has posted so I dont have to guess and check it out when I have already seen all that stuff. So this is just great.

Unknown said...

No way, you gotta have this option. Every blog does. I am sure of it because I just created a blog for Renee and she has this option. Let me just explain it one more time but better. When you click on the customize word your Layout comes up. It will say add and arrange page element. click edit on the blogging buddies column. a page called "Configure Blog list" comes up. Above your list of Blogging Buddies you will see things like Title, Sort, Show. Well below show you will see a list of things that say Icon, Title of most recent item, Snippet of most recent item, Date of last update. I checked the Date of last update box. You should be able to do this too. If for some strange reason you don't have these options, then I would go to the help button on blogger at the top right of your page and type in key words like Date of last update or some of those other things I mentioned before that and some details will walk you through how to get that on your blog. Sorry this is so long. I really don't think you're dumb, I just have to walk you through it as if you were doing it wrong even though you probably werent. That is my bad not yours. Good luck.

Cristina Boey said...

Marilla , that is adorable! I want my little boys too!

Jeff & Liberty said...

So sweet!
Similarly, lately I've been thinking about, and noticing how tenderhearted my little Benson is.

I love this age!

Anonymous said...

Marilla! This is Amy (Johnson) Farnsworth from DV. I don't know how I ended up on your blog (hope you don't mind!), but goodness are your boys ever CUTE! And I don't think you have aged a day since the last time I saw you! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! :) We have a blog email me if you are interested.... amyfarnsworth@q.com

Joy said...

What a sweet tribute to your handsome little boy. Being a mom is the best!

Truman and Carol's Mission Blog said...

Marilla, I love your cute posts. When I grow up, I want to be able to blog as good as you do. I hope I'll be getting one of those school pics in the mail soon. Love, MOM Leishman